Autumn is a busy season for Las Vegas homeowners when it comes to preparing their homes for winter. Ensuring that your HVAC systems are in top top shape and will be running smoothly is a necessity if you want to enjoy optimal comfort levels during the cooler months as well. The best way to do that is to secure the inspection and maintenance services provided by a reputable and experienced Las Vegas HVAC company every fall.
While you may be able to do maintenance on some parts, performing maintenance on the most important parts of your HVAC system is more challenging, so it's in your best interest to hire a licensed HVAC professional to get the job done right.
While we recommend getting a proper maintenance service done by a professional, there are minor maintenance you can do at home on your own. Use the following HVAC maintenance checklist to help you keep your HVAC systems in peak condition this fall.
- Check your heat exchangers for any possible leaks. If you notice any leaks, call an experienced HVAC specialist to fix the problem.
- Have installed pleated air filters, which have electrostatic charges, making them highly efficient in attracting and filtering dust, mold, dander, pollen, etc.
- Verify your pipe insulation and consider wrapping any exposed pipes with a good insulation product for proper protection during the colder nights.
- Have any insulation issues fixed before it's too late and consider upgrading the insulation material to a more efficient one that can save you to 20% on your heating costs.
- Clean your AC units by mixing bleach and water and then pouring the mixture into each AC condensate drain to prevent clogging and remove mold and algae. You should also clear at least 2 feet of space around your outdoor AC and heat units.
- Verify each heater or furnace to see if they're functioning properly to avoid any unpleasant surprises in the cooler season. Keep in mind that having your heating systems professionally serviced by a licensed HVAC technician, at least once a year, allows you to benefit from increased efficiency and increased life of your systems.
- Consider scheduling a combustion-efficiency test to see if your systems use fuel efficiently. With heating and cooling amounting to nearly half of your energy costs, you can save valuable money by ensuring your HVAC is more energy-efficient.
- Have your humidifier filters replaced so that you and your family can enjoy quality indoor air. These filters work by removing impurities and bacteria from the water before it's dispensed into the air
- Check your refrigerant lines (which connect the outdoor AC or heat pump to the indoor evaporator coil). Note these should be inspected every month
- Check your rooftop AC units and vents and remove any debris, leaves, grass, pollen, or obstructions to ensure they're working properly.
If you have any questions about how you can keep your HVAC system in top shape or want to secure the professional services of our licensed and experienced HVAC technicians, do not hesitate to get in touch with us by calling (702) 766 9436 or filling out our online contact form. We are here at your service, so feel free to contact us for a free, no-obligation, and instant estimate on any HVAC maintenance job you may need for your home.