Indoor Air Quality 101
Few home and business owners realize the drastic impact indoor air quality can have upon the health and wellbeing of residents, visitors, and employees. In fact, according to the EPA, indoor air is two to five times more polluted than outdoor air—and up to 100 times! At Rebel Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, we partner with home and business owners to eliminate contaminants and improve indoor air.
Signs of Poor Indoor Air Quality
Las Vegas is a constant source of fine dust particles in homes and businesses—from pollen and dust mites to sand and debris. IAQ systems play an important role in filtering out the dust and purifying your air. When indoor air quality suffers, home and business owners may notice any combination of the following:
- Dust expelled from vents
- Dust covering registers (duct grills found in walls and floors)
- Increasing levels of dust on furniture & floors
- Allergy & asthma symptoms that worsen indoors
- Constant sinus pressure, respiratory symptoms, headaches, itchy throat, or cough
- Itchy skin
- Fatigue & decreased energy
If some or all of these symptoms of poor IAQ sound familiar, it’s time to call a Las Vegas indoor air quality professional.
Maintaining Indoor Air Quality
To keep the air in your home or business healthy and clean, schedule seasonal HVAC maintenance twice a year. Ideally, this is done during fall and spring before the heating and cooling seasons are in full swing. Performing routine tasks like changing filters, cleaning system components, and flushing the condensate system helps to keep your system cleaner—and your air cleaner.
Do-It-Yourself Steps to Improved Indoor Air Quality
There are a few other simple, inexpensive things you can do to improve the air you breathe at home or at work. These include:
- Vacuuming rugs, carpets, and curtains frequently.
- Switching to hardwood or tile when it is time to replace flooring.
- Scheduling a professional duct cleaning appointment, particularly if your HVAC and indoor air filtration systems are over seven years old.
- Changing your HVAC filter frequently (every six to ten weeks, depending upon how much you are running your AC or heating system).
Rebel Helps Keep Your Air Clean & Healthy!
Tired of dust, headaches, and allergy symptoms? Ready to improve air quality in your home or business? Rebel Refrigeration is a certified indoor air quality professional, and we’re helping hundreds of Las Vegas homeowners breathe easier.
To diagnose your indoor air quality problem, we begin with an initial inspection of your air ducts using wireless cameras. Along with these cameras, Rebel professionals use an innovative Air Advice unit, which is left in your home for two to three days to evaluate indoor air and detect pollutants like carbon monoxide, allergens, chemicals, and more. Air Advice provides Joe and the Rebel team with a detailed analysis of your home or business air quality. Based upon these results, Rebel Refrigeration & Air Conditioning may recommend a variety of indoor air quality services to solve your problems:
- Air duct decontamination & cleaning
- Advanced air quality testing
- High-efficiency indoor air purification systems
- UV lighting systems
- Specialized UVV systems
- Whole-home humidifiers
Schedule Las Vegas IAQ Service Today
To learn more about our indoor air quality services, click here. You may also request a free quote online, or call us at 702.734.7750 to speak with a qualified indoor air specialist.